We are Officially Good
Welcome to the start of another exciting year at Hartside. I hope you have all had a fantastic summer break and are looking forward to the year ahead.
As you know just four days before the summer break, representatives from OFSTED visited us to inspect our school and the quality of education that we offer your children. I am delighted to attach a copy of that report and officially inform you that we are now ‘good’ in every aspect.
This would not have been possible without the hard work, dedication and commitment of the fantastic school staff, the support from you as parents and the many volunteers who give up their own time for the children.
Please take time to read the report in its entirety, but can I also take this opportunity to share a summary of just some of the points made:
- A relentless drive to secure rapid improvement is evident everywhere. As a result the legacy of underachievement is being successfully overcome.
- Teachers plan interesting activities based on sound assessment of pupils’ learning. Classrooms are now hives of purposeful activity where pupils work well together, readily sharing ideas and thoughts. Their attitudes to learning are good.
- Pupils behave well and with consideration for each other. They are warm, friendly and polite.
- Pupils feel safe and have a good understanding of how to keep themselves safe. They say bullying is rare but when it does take place, it is managed well by their teachers.
- The early-years leader is aiming for excellence. She has very high expectations for both staff and children. She has transformed the quality of teaching and children are thriving. Learning is carefully planned to capture their interests and match their developmental needs. Children in the Nursery and Reception classes are taught with others of their age for more formal teaching and then learn together throughout other parts of the day.
As you can see, the report has highlighted the many strengths we have as a school. I am so proud to be the Head Teacher at Hartside and look forward to leading the school through the next stage of our development to be ‘outstanding’.
To view the report please click the link below...